- St. Michael’s Hospital (Toronto) enrolled their first DCD patient
- Vancouver enrolled their first patient
- The DePPaRT core team is preparing a proposal to CIHR for a pediatric specific study which will link observations in the DCD donor during withdrawal of life sustaining therapy to transplant outcomes. This study will involve new partnerships with CNTRP researchers including Samantha Anthony (from CNTRP Project 2) and Seema Mital (from CNTRP Project 6).
- With the introduction of CNTRP patient engagement researcher Marie-Chantal Fortin the DePPaRT core team has met twice with the mother of young man who died in ICU in 2009 and was a DCD donor – she has agreed to come on board the team as a patient partner and we are really excited about working with her
- The team at the Lawson Health Research Institute received $15k of local funding to examine specific neurological endpoints using their DePPaRT data. Congratulations! They have also enrolled the first patient whose family consented to full EEG monitoring during withdrawal of life sustaining thearpy.
- We plan to start up DePPaRT at two sites in the UK this spring/summer
In January 2016 the 100th patient was enrolled in DePPaRT (Can you believe our 50th patient was just enrolled in November??), amidst a flurry of other exciting updates:
January updates on study screening and enrolment are now available on our updates page.
Amanda van Beinum