- As of May 1st, the total study enrolment is at 476 patients from 19 active sites with an overall consent rate of 94%!
- Kingston General Hospital & The Ottawa Hospital (General Campus) were the highest enrolling sites for the period of Feb-May 2017.
- Recruitment for the qualitative study of family experiences with DCD and research at the end of life is going very well. So far 33 families have consented to re-contact and 8 interviews have been completed.
- The Neuro pilot substudy (inclusion of EEG and trans-cranial doppler (TCD) monitoring on 20 DePPaRT patients) at the London Health Sciences Centre and Victoria Hospital is also going very well with 13 patients enrolled so far; 4 with EEG only, 3 with TCD only and 6 with EEG and TCD. Congrats to everyone at both sites!
- Our planning meeting to strengthen our international collaborative of DePPaRT site investigators from the Czech Republic, the UK and the Netherlands will be held on November 6&7 as a pre-meeting workshop of the CNTRP Annual Meeting at Mont Tremblant, QC. More details to follow soon!
Spring brings more of the same for the DePPaRT team, which is great news for us! Study enrolment continues to move along well in Canada and internationally, and if the current rates of recruitment continue we plan on closing the majority of sites to enrolment by the end of the year. Additional updates:
Amanda van Beinum