There are quite a few updates this month so I’ve listed them here in point form:
- Study enrolment is now at 216 patients! More detail now available on our DePPaRT Study Progress page.
- 13 families of DCD-eligible patients have agreed to future contact for the Qualitative Interview Sub-Study
- After just over a year of enrolling, our consent rate is still 94%. That said, we are moving forward with a plan to test out a waived consent model at some of our sites where withdrawal of life sustaining therapies most often occur after hours and is resulting in missed consent opportunities
- Sunnybrook Hospital is now open as an active site, bringing our total number of open sites to 16!
- Coordinator Lisa Julien has enrolled her first two patients at the QEII site in Halifax. Thanks Lisa!
- Kingston General Hospital has agreed to join as a study site; we are pleased to welcome coordinator Miranda Hunt and Drs. Boyd and Maslove to our study team
- We have recently began conversations with collaborators in Maastricht, Netherlands (leaders in DCD practice) and are hoping to have them join as a study site this year
- Our collaborators in Nottingham, UK are beginning the process of study startup at their centre
We're looking forward to a busy but rewarding summer!