- Gizmodo (Jan 27, 2021) - "Doctors Studied People's Last Moments of Life to Figure Out When Death Begins"
- The Toronto Star (Jan 27, 2021) - "When can a person be declared dead after life-saving measures stop? A major new study has an answer"
- The Conversation (Jan 28, 2021) - "When is Dead, Really Dead? What happens after a person 'flatlines'?"
- The Guardian (Jan 28, 2021) - "How dead is dead? The heart can stop and re-start several times as a person dies, new study finds"
- The Ottawa Citizen (Jan 28, 2021) - "CHEO-led study examines dying process to inform organ donation"
- VICE News (Jan 29, 2021) - "Scientists Monitored 631 People As They Died. This Is What They Found"
- CBC News (Jan 31, 2021) - "When are you really dead? Study aims to dispel myths, remove barriers to organ donation"
- University of Alberta: Folio (Feb 2, 2021) - "'Five-minute-rule' holds true for cardiac death of organ donors: study"
The main results of the DePPaRT study have now been officially published as of January 28th in the New England Journal of Medicine. Check out the original publication by clicking on the link below.
Publication of this long-awaited paper has been met with several interviews and media reports, including:
Amanda van Beinum