- As of September 25th, the total study enrolment is at 591 (344 Canadian) patients from 20 active sites and our overall consent rate remains steady at 94%. With only two months left, we are hoping to end strong and may be even hit 400 patients for our Canadian enrolment.
- In June, our site in the Netherlands became active and the team at the Maastricht University Medical Center has already enrolled 16 patients. They join Calgary Foothills as the two highest enrolling centers for the period of May-Sept 2017. Congratulations to both teams!
- Recruitment for the qualitative study of family experiences with DCD and research at the end of life continues to go very well. So far 43 Ontario families have consented to re-contact and 13 interviews have been completed.
- The Neurological pilot sub-study (inclusion of EEG and TCD monitoring on 20 DePPaRT patients) at the London Health Sciences Centre and Victoria Hospital is almost complete with the 19th patient enrolled last week.
- Finally, we are busy finalizing the details for our planning meeting to strengthen our international collaborative of DePPaRT site investigators from the Czech Republic, the UK and the Netherlands. The outcomes of this meeting, which will be held on November 6&7 as a pre-meeting workshop of the CNTRP Annual Meeting at Mont Tremblant, will set the stage for the next chapter of our research.
As we move into the busy fall season, we thought this would be a good opportunity to provide a quick update on the progress of the DePPaRT study. Enrolment continues to move along as anticipated, and our plan is to close study enrolment on December 1, 2017 for the majority of our Canadian sites, with only a few late joining and international sites continuing to enrol into 2018. Here's a quick list of updates:
Amanda van Beinum