- Enrollment now at 352/500 patients (that's 70% complete!)
- Consent rate still at 94%
- One site in Kingston, 2 new sites in Calgary, and 1 site in Edmonton have started screening and enrolling, bringing our total number of Canadian ICUs to 15!
- Canadian enrollment (181) has now surpassed enrollment in Prague, CZ (171) for the first time
- One site in Maastricht, NL and one in Nottingham, UK are working hard to get started up by spring 2017 - we are very excited to expand to more international centers!
- The study team published a paper about the ethical process of our pilot study in the Journal of Medical Ethics - you can read a blog post summarizing the article here, or check out the full paper
- The core team attended and presented at the Canadian National Transplant Research Program annual meeting in Quebec City in October, and the Canadian Critical Care Forum in Toronto in November - all presentations were very well recieved
- While in QC we also attended the CNTRP Patient Partnership workshop with our fantastic patient partner, whose story was recently featured in an article in the Ottawa Citizen
In other news, we are very pleased to welcome Mélanie Hogue, former NICU nurse, to our core team to help with coordinating the study.
On behalf of the core team, we are wishing all our coordinators, collaborators, investigators, and patient families a safe and happy holidays.